- Pack Contents
- Technical Details and Fitting Instructions
Keep cold draughts at bay with a cosy door curtain hung from this specialist door curtain pole.
Portiere rods can be used on doors and also in dormer window recesses. The hinge bracket attaches to the door/window frame or return wall. Rather than drawing the curtain back along the pole, the rod can swing open and closed with the curtain still in place.
For doors, the pole rests on a support on the door which allows the door to open and close without needing too adjust the curtain. A second pole support is mounted on the return wall, so if need be, the pole and curtain can be swung back against the wall and rested on the wall support.
With dormer windows, the curtains are likely to be much smaller and lighter in weight, so the pole supports are not always required.
- Pole can be cut down to size using a hacksaw. Locking collar conceals the sawn end
- 12 finishes to choose from (click here for pole samples)
- Portiere rod can be fitted on either side of the door/window
- For a pair of curtains, 2 x portiere/dormer rods would be required
- Easy returns (check out our Returns Policy for further info)
- Need further help? Get in touch
For further info, inspiration and door curtain case studies, check out our blog post:
5 Great Ways to Furnish that Dull and Draughty Doorway
Please note: It is advised that curtains used with such swing arms should be double sided. The reverse of the curtain will be clearly visible when opened back against the wall.
- 1 x robust portiere hinge/bracket
- 1 x 19mm diameter hollow metal pole 120cm/47" long
- 2 x pole rests
- 1 x finial (decorative pole end)
- 2 x locking collars
- 12 x curtain rings (Also available without rings for use with slotted top or eyelet curtain)
Portiere rod fitting instructions - Click to view and print
Nice solid product
This curtain pole is great for a heavy door curtain, cheaper alternatives are not up to the job and would bend and snap. Its proper kit.
Swinging curtain pole
Excellent! Love it!
It works beautifully
This pole is worth the money, built to last and holds my blanket across an open cupboard well.
Metal Portiere Rod
Very good quality and looks good.