19mm Metal Portiere Rod with Stopper finial
Keep cold draughts at bay with a cosy door curtain hung from this specialist door curtain pole.
Portiere rods can be used on doors and also in dormer window recesses. The hinge bracket attaches to the door/window frame or return wall. Rather than drawing the curtain back along the pole, the rod can swing open and closed with the curtain still in place.
For doors, the pole sits on the pole rest mounted on the door, allowing the door to open and close without needing too adjust the curtain. A second pole rest is mounted on the return wall, so if need be, the pole can be swung back against the wall.
With dormer windows, the curtains are likely to be much smaller and lighter in weight, so the pole supports are not necessarily required.
- Pole can be cut down to size using a hacksaw. Locking collar conceals the sawn end
- 12 finishes to choose from (click here for pole samples)
- Portiere rod can be fitted on either side of the door/window
- For a pair of curtains, 2 x portiere/dormer rods would be required
- Easy returns (check out our Returns Policy for further info)
- Need further help? Get in touch
For further info, inspiration and door curtain case studies, check out our blog post:
5 Great Ways to Furnish that Dull and Draughty Doorway
Please note: It is advised that curtains used with such swing arms should be double sided. The reverse of the curtain will be clearly visible when opened back against the wall.
- 1 x robust portiere hinge/bracket
- 1 x 19mm diameter hollow metal pole 120cm/47" long
- 2 x pole rests
- 1 x Stopper finial (decorative pole end)
- 2 x locking collars
- 12 x curtain rings (optional)