Keep cold draughts at bay with a cosy door curtain hung from this specialist door curtain pole.
Portiere rods can be used on doors and also in dormer window recesses. The hinge bracket attaches to the door/window frame or return wall. Rather than drawing the curtain back along the pole, the rod can swing open and closed with the curtain still in place.
For doors, the pole rests on a support on the door which allows the door to open and close without needing too adjust the curtain. A second pole support is mounted on the return wall, so if need be, the pole and curtain can be swung back against the wall and rested on the wall support.
With dormer windows, the curtains are likely to be much smaller and lighter in weight, so the pole supports are not always required.
Please note: Curtains used with such swing arms should be double sided. The reverse of the curtain will be clearly visible when opened back against the wall.
Portiere Rod Pack Contents:
- 1 x Portiere hinge/bracket
- 1 x 19mm diameter hollow metal pole 120cm/47" long
- 2 x Pole rests
- 1 x Ball finial
- 2 x locking collars
- 12 x Rings (Please let us know if you do not require curtain rings ie. for a slotted top curtain heading)
- Pole can be cut down to size using a hacksaw. Locking collar conceals the sawn end
- 12 finishes to choose from (click here for pole samples)
- Portiere rod can be fitted on either side of the door/window
- For a pair of curtains, 2 portiere/dormer rods would be required
- UK Delivery within 3-5 working days (See delivery information)
- Easy returns (check out our Returns Policy for further info)
- Need further help? Get in touch
(Click to view and print)
For further info, inspiration and door curtain case studies, check out our blog post:
5 Great Ways to Furnish that Dull and Draughty Doorway
This curtain pole is great for a heavy door curtain, cheaper alternatives are not up to the job and would bend and snap. Its proper kit.
Easy to fit item that is solidly made with a classic look. A great solution for a door curtain in an awkward spot.
Very nicely made, substantial curtain rod. Great that you can cut rod to your own measurements, useful for broad Georgian doors. Everything from ordering to delivery perfect, thank you